cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File names not displayed in Google Drive

coffent
Making moves

118.0.2 (64-bit)

Recently (since the last update 118.0.2 (64-bit)?) when I open my Google Drive, the names of files are not shown, but only icons showing the types of files; for example icons showing "PDF" and others that I take it indicate mp4 files.  The only way I can find to determine the name of a file is to right-click the icon and select "Rename".  That brings up a window showing the current name.

When I use Microsoft Edge to go to the same website, the file names are displayed correctly.

10 REPLIES 10

judsonbernadine
Making moves

This happened to me today too. I wonder if there is a glitch. I home someone will respond. This is annoying.

noonenowhere
Making moves

Happening to me too. Every time. Shows the folder and doc icons, but no names. Usually they'll show up if I refresh the page, but is incredibly annoying and inconvenient. I'm using Chrome. Only started maybe a couple weeks ago. 

piefacedude
Making moves

A fix that worked for me (a stupid fix), was that this issue only seemed to happen when the window is the full width of the screen. Pulling the window the tiniest bit in from the edge of the screen fixed it for some reason. Annoying.

On a MacBook Air 2021, OS: Ventura 13.5.1

GregM8
Making moves

Try tapping the small i in a circle at the top right of the page.

Screenshot 2023-12-22 15.45.31.png

Can confirm this works for me as a workaround on Windows 10 + Firefox 121.0.1. Still hope they fix it so this workaround is not needed.

Thanks!!

I don't agree.

anonymoussame
Making moves

Without complaining, I state all the following:

When I go to Google drive to try to select files to upload on a website using Firefox, the files are all greyed out, as a result, I cannot select any files.  I posted this issue in the community but no one replied.  Do you know the way to contact Firefox support directly?

Hello

Network Monitor ? can it help you
https://firefox-source-docs.mozilla.org/devtools-user/network_monitor

Example and as a voluntary exercise with a hosts file https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_(file)

1.pngAbove i have blocked ssl.gstatic.com

2.pngAbove I have unblocked ssl.gstatic.com

Thanks for sharing