cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Panel

7Below0
Making moves

Whoever the genius was that thought the download panel should drop down for every download should have no problem programming the option of turning this "feature" off. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JKN
Making moves

Here's how to disable the download popup:

In the web address bar, type about:config

Then, in the resulting window, click "Accept the risk and continue".

After that, into the search bar, paste browser.download.alwaysOpenPanel

A new area will appear, showing True.

Then click on the toggle button (right side) to change True to False, and close the tab ("Advanced Preferences").

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

JKN
Making moves

Then click on the toggle button (right side) to change True to False, and close the tab ("Advanced Preferences").

Maxrow
Making moves

Thank you JKN!!!

7Below0
Making moves

Thank you JKN!

gssrinatha
Making moves

One more problem, if there are several files to be downloaded, say, from WA, I cannot download next file unless the popup window disappears. This will disappear only if I click on the popup window carefully,

Remove this bug asap

This is the solution that works....from user JKN...

RodMartinJr
Making moves

Agree completely. As a programmer with over 30 years' experience, UI "bugs" (bugs of design) are an all-too-common problem. Bright ideas completely skip over the obvious. When a "feature" is introduced, if at all possible, it should include a link or way to fix or remove that feature.

If I want to look into my downloads, I already know how to do that. If I had programmed this, I would NOT have turned it on automatically, but would have included it as an option on the Tools > Downloads > Library window. Programmers should not have the "know-better" attitude, but should always question their own bright ideas and "authority."

For me, this feature is worthless; it covers up valuable browser real estate (including important buttons and links!!!). Some may like it, so I wouldn't want to deprive them.

u38209348
Making moves

This change in default behavior is unwelcome, especially when there is no way to disable it through the official settings page and has to be changed with about:config.

gssrinatha
Making moves

even in Ver.99 they have not made any changes.