cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current patch (iOS) unstable

topazlink
Making moves

I'm using an iPhone SE on iOS 15.7.1 and after the last patch Firefox has become slow, unresponsive, jittery and unstable. It was perfectly fine before then, but now it's almost unusable. I tried deleting Firefox and reinstalling it, but it made no difference.

I'd also like an option to turn off the feature that keeps automatically selecting the address bar and bringing up the keyboard.

This "Send Feedback" option seems a little broken too, a lot of links don't seem to work at all?

5 REPLIES 5

topazlink
Making moves

Hmm, actually reinstalling Firefox does seem to have helped a lot, I don't understand what was happening then. It's still not quite right though, especially the feature that auto-selects the address bar. It often lags when it tries to do it, and when trying to cancel it. It needs fixing (and an option to turn it off).

topazlink
Making moves

Alright, I thought reinstalling didn't make a difference at first, and then it seemed like it did, but now it's gone really slow and unresponsive again, what is happening here? It's really frustrating

Agundy
Making moves

I’m on an iPhone 12 mini and Firefox is unstable and crazy slow here too.

grant
Making moves

Here it has been like this for quite some time as well. I don't remember anymore since when, hoping it would be hotfixed I ignored it, but it got worse and worse. Now it basically can only show text and also those sites barely useable, due to freezes all the time and crashes every now and then. I had to stop using it for the most part, which breaks my heart, because it is set up and synced with other devices.

iPhone 6s, iOS 15.2, FF V106

topazlink
Making moves

Yeah, it seems to be getting worse for me too, randomly slow and unresponsive all over place, in the Bookmarks menu, checking History, opening a new tab, closing a tab, trying to scroll on a site, trying to type things, sometimes crashing out to my phone's homescreen... and then sometimes some of those things work just fine as though there's nothing wrong, I just don't understand what I'm supposed to do.

I really wish someone from Mozilla would notice this...