cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Menubar and theme by by Firefox 106 latest update and I don't like the latest update

PokemonMaster
Making moves

Today at school I was using Firefox it updated and added a new feature from Google chrome a feature I really don't like and this update broke the theming theme you know on windows the where the X and Minimize is that has a black bock their instead it is broken could you please fix it in an upcoming Firefox update has soon as possible and please please for god please let me disable that search tabs and most recently closed tabs feature you know the one in Google Chrome that has the Areo that points down and shows you your tabs please Mozilla add an option in the settings to disable it please because it really distracts me I'm angry because right now it doesn't seem to be something that's optional right now which that sucks so that's why I'm sticking to this version of Firefox 106 to not get that garbage feature that I really hated in Google Chrome because its Bloatware I dislike it because it bugs my eyes couldn't you guys in the settings of Firefox add an option to enable or disable the feature please I don't mean to complain but there's a reason I moved from Google Chrome I wanna disable as much stuff on the toolbar as possible that doesn't need to be there and the Down pointing areo that shows you your tabs/recently closed tabs doesn't need to be their I dislike that feature if I hated it in Chrome what makes you think I'll like it in Firefox all I'm asking for is you add an option in the settings to disable the feature you recently added today to Firefox please I don't like it so I won't be updating until this issue is resolved and you have fixed the bug with the Menubar theme.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

LYNNPOKEMONOJEF
Making moves

Put the useless 'Private browsing' & purple sunglasses Icon somewhere ELSE besides the TABS bar

Why not put it in the 'tools' bar or the 'customize toolbar' Menu where it won't EAT-UP TABS space

the new 106 firefox might address 6-new security issues but it's a step backwards

i actually NEED the TABS BAR SPACEfirefox october 18th 2022 106 version.jpg

View solution in original post

jscher2000
Collaborator

Why is this thread marked as solved?

There is a setting for the List All Tabs (Tab Manager) button, but currently you have to dig for it:

(A) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.

More info on about:config: Configuration Editor for Firefox. Please keep in mind that changes made through this back door aren't fully supported and aren't guaranteed to continue working in the future.

(B) In the search box in the page, type or paste browser.tabs.tabmanager.enabled and pause while the list is filtered

(C) Double-click the preference to switch the value from true to false -- this takes effect in new windows and/or after you exit/quit and restart Firefox

Note that when there are enough tabs to cause the left and right scroll buttons to appear, you'll still get the Tab Manager button even with this preference set to false, same as earlier versions of Firefox.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

PokemonMaster
Making moves

Its Still Broken Mozlia Please fix this and I wanna disable the down pointing arrow

Hello - Thanks for the flag on this. We have an improved design for the "List all tabs" button and will be landing a new implementation to resolve the concerns very soon.

PokemonMaster
Making moves

@rayf@kkimYour are emlpyos of Mozlia right can we please have a talk I have two images for you two to look i\at and it has something to do with a broken firefox update with a feature that broke an old feature the new feature that is the down pointing arrow that shows your tabs and is from google chrome sucks I hate it is there anyway that I could disable it for my self please make the down pointing arrow that shows your tabs that's from chrome I really don't like that feature it distracts me and angers me please if there's an update please add something to the seetings to let me disable this new feature  I hate thanks. I also have an attachment for the feature I'm talking about its in my last 2 attachments. I really hate this new feature I hate it alot please make this feature opional an an update that's all I'm asking could you please try in the Fature

PokemonMaster
Making moves

@rayf @kkim @rtestard I Hope you fix this issue with the broken titlebar/menubar/headerbar and themebar bug and actually let me disable the down pointing arrow thing feature that was from chrome by letting me disable it in the settings and making this feature optional and any new feature you push out in the future thanks for reading this Firefox Developers and I hope you have a good rest of your day.

LYNNPOKEMONOJEF
Making moves

Put the useless 'Private browsing' & purple sunglasses Icon somewhere ELSE besides the TABS bar

Why not put it in the 'tools' bar or the 'customize toolbar' Menu where it won't EAT-UP TABS space

the new 106 firefox might address 6-new security issues but it's a step backwards

i actually NEED the TABS BAR SPACEfirefox october 18th 2022 106 version.jpg

Your right about that I really want them to move it. I don't know why Firefox Team wouldn't just take your idea and put in in the bar where it wouldn't eat up the space around the tab bar this update really sucks and it broke Firefox Themes in the bar

I tottaly agree with you that these changes should be moved into the customizable toolbar.

PokemonMaster
Making moves

Is anyone gonna fix it?

PokemonMaster
Making moves

@rayfWTF this bug is still not fixed WTF man I want you guys to fix it

@Jon-- ccing you for visibility.

@PokemonMaster- As stated before above in the thread, we are working on an improvement to this experience. Our team is very busy and working on many tasks on a daily basis. Please give us time to design, test and implement an appropriate solution for your issue. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you I've been trying to reaching out to me I've been too rude I'm sorry I like Firefox as a browser.

jscher2000
Collaborator

Why is this thread marked as solved?

There is a setting for the List All Tabs (Tab Manager) button, but currently you have to dig for it:

(A) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.

More info on about:config: Configuration Editor for Firefox. Please keep in mind that changes made through this back door aren't fully supported and aren't guaranteed to continue working in the future.

(B) In the search box in the page, type or paste browser.tabs.tabmanager.enabled and pause while the list is filtered

(C) Double-click the preference to switch the value from true to false -- this takes effect in new windows and/or after you exit/quit and restart Firefox

Note that when there are enough tabs to cause the left and right scroll buttons to appear, you'll still get the Tab Manager button even with this preference set to false, same as earlier versions of Firefox.

Thanks I will try that.